Friday, September 4, 2009

Recent buys: High-low from Topshop to Stella McCartney


Thank you so much to everyone who has replied to my previous posts' questions, I am thoroughly enjoying reading your answers, and am taking note of the questions you are asking me. If you haven't written your questions, and would like to still, please feel free to do so here! I love getting to know more about you.

I will (hopefully) accumulate more questions from you so I can answer them all in one post. I will also work on trying to answer some of your requests (e.g. post of my 'interior design', a group bag shot, and figure out how to do a group shoe shot, haha, might have to break it down to a few groups...)

Quote Selena's response to a question: "
i believe it's all about how you put an outfit together rather than being completely covered in labels." (uhm, by 'you' she was not referring to me but to 'someone')

I totally agree! Although my ratio of high to low has been changing as I distill my wardrobe down, and get older, I still thoroughly enjoy dressing high-low.


Purchases
Recent buys:

Topshop matte square sequin blazer (close-up PIC)
Topshop black harem pant (I have used mine so much I need another for 'rougher' wear, or for lounging around the house in ultimate comfort)
Topshop grey cropped harem pant

Topshop draped tulip skirt with pockets (can you believe I accidentally ordered TWO of these? I sized up, as my size US2 friend, who bought a size US4 skirt and found it too small warned me their skirts ran small, so mine's a size 6 if anyone's interested...)
Swarovski Nirvana ring
Stella McCartney mesh sandals with lucite heel (close-up pic)

Stripes with red
I have been searching for a red skirt for quite some time, and envision wearing it in a variety of outfits, including with my favourite look: nautical/stripes. Pictured is my Chloe striped & jewelled top (have yet to acquire a nice black boyfriend blazer, the one above is by Stella McCartney). Also pictured: Dries Van Noten buckle sandal, Swarovski Nirvana ring, and Chanel necklace (which I do not own).

Nude & grey outfit

Two of my purchases I am absolutely ecstatic about, because I have been wanting them for ages. The Swarovski ring I have been literally eyeing for years, since it first appeared on net-a-porter under the label 'Swarovski Rocks',. In the last few years I have been hinting terribly to hubby that I would love that ring, and it would be so much nicer to receive it as a meaningful token (e.g. anniversary) than for me to buy it for myself. Alas, I finally gave up and got it myself, haha, love it (it is my upgrade from one of my favourite rings, I call it my 'ice cube' ring, which I bought from Sportsgirl for $1.50 and have worn to death the last 5 years or so). I also really want in 'Jet' (black).

www.swarovski.com

H of Pret-a-Porter just pointed me towards a stunning editorial from Vogue September's Issue, featuring this ring. Love the editorial not only because is it an homage to Tina Chow, but it was the story was styled by Melanie Huynh (love her work). The ring on Tao's fourth finger (right hand) looks like an expensive version of my $1.50 ring, I must take a close-up of it sometime...

www.models.com

The other purchase I am ecstatic about is the Stella McCartney nude mesh & lucite sandals. Ever since I saw these worn on the runway October last year, I was obsessed with finding them, and that exact combination in my size was hard to find. But all's well that ends well...

www.style.com

I plan to wear these a lot with the upcoming warmer weather. There's something about the nude combined with the lucite that I love. The stiletto version in black is hot too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.